HOME » Cultural Attractions »
Abelardo López Moreno (1957) - Painter
He was born on October 11, 1957, in San Bartolo Coyotepec, Oaxaca.
In 1972, he began studying in the National Fine Arts Institute of the Autonomous University "Benito Juárez" of Oaxaca. He studied painting techniques with Professor Donis, and engraving with Fernando Vilchis and Leticia Tarrago.
• 1981 José Clemente Orozco Gallery, National Fine Arts Institute, Mexico City
• National Fine Arts Institute, Matamoros, Tamaulipas
• 1973 Oaxacan Painters, Misrachi Art Gallery, Mexico City.
• 1979 Seven Artists from Oaxaca, Museum of art of Latin America, Washington D.C., USA.
• 1980 Oaxacan Artists, Foundation for the Promotion of the Arts, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon.
• 1982 Third Biennial of Ibero-American Art. The Landscape in contemporary painting. Domecq Cultural Institute, Carrillo Gil Museum, Mexico City.
• 1984 Landscape of Veracruz, National Painting Competition, Plastic Arts Department, Jalapa, Veracruz.
• 1993 Muertos de gusto, Mexican Fine Arts Centre Museum, Chicago Illinois, USA
• 1994 Feria Campionaria, Bologna Italy.